Friday 13 February 2015

First of two inspiration designs...Steampunk first!

Hello again,

It's time to start our regular inspiration post for Slinky Tart, YAY!  I love being able to play with these totally awesome images, Tamara is so clever :D

As many of you know, Tamara closed The Stamping Chef at the end of 2014 and in January 2015 she launched her new shop and look and you can find all the images so far HERE

This is the first of two posts today, showcasing two different images by Slinky Tart....so, here is The Big Tease.  I love this one as it so easily lends itself to steampunk, which I adore!

The Big Tease

Matching insert
Before I waffle on...make sure you drop over to the main inspiration blog to check out the rest of the design teams makes, they are all so awesome you won't want to miss it.
You can find them here - http://slinkytart.com/Blog/

Here's what I used:
Image: The Big Tease
Papers: I used a combination of papers, from retired set from The Stamping Chef and Michele R Designs to create a steampunk backing and insert
Embellies: You know me....junk!  This time it really is lol!  The black rose lace is off an old dress, the silver bits are from an old necklace (got to love teenagers and cheap jewellery!) and some string!
Top Tips: I distressed the edges to add to the aged look, use scissors if you don't have the tool, it works just as well.  On the image I used Debbie Moore's Metal Magic, its just amazing stuff and melts from underneath with the heat gun...check it out you won't regret it :D

Here's the close ups:



Junk jewellery can look amazing, hot glue gun and tweezers are used to stick it down...metal gets HOT!

Just pile it up!  Random works best!


Thank you so much for stopping by and just know that I really do appreciate all your comments xxx
Click to follow my blog too so you don't miss any of my posts :D

Check out the rest of the team and the Slinky Tart Store, you will love the new designs...
Here's the links again:
Shop - Slinky Tart
Inspiration Blog

Happy Crafting :D

Sandie xxx

Challenges I would like to enter:
Art by MiRan - #25 AG
Not Just Cards - #12 AG
Craft Your Passion - #248 AG
Fantastic Tuesday - #72 AG twist add twine
Creative Inspirations - #300 AG optional sketch (sketch 7 fits xx)
Scrappers Delights - #40 AG
Imagination Destination - #20 AG
Crafty Catz Weekly - #266 For the Boys (steampunk male card)
Creative Fingers - #67 AG
613 Ave Create - #110 AG with optional Bingo (I have Green, Black, Blue)

10 comments :

  1. WOW Sandie this is awesome!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. I like to rip my papers and ink them to distress. No one in my family understands why I keep the mismatched earrings, broken bracelets, etc. but I bet you do. LOL Thanks for playing in the Craft Your Passion challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, thanks for sharing at Scrappers Delights good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great creation hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz.
    Kim (CraftyCatz DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative project! Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome steampunk card! Great details! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. Thanks for joining in the fun at ABM challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little blog, I am massively thankful for every comment received and would love you to be one of my followers (if you aren't already).
Crafty Hugs

Sandie xxx