Wednesday 18 June 2014

Markers with a difference....

Good Afternoon all,

Just a little post to show you one of the Father's Day cards I made on commission.  I could't post before for obvious reasons!

As you know my Graph'it Markers are my prize possessions at the moment (crafting related!) and so I thought I'd show how to use them in a different way.

You will need the Mix'it fluid for this techinique, available from Polka Doodles or Create and Craft, an acrylic block (I used my A6 slim one to give me more room) and 2 or 3 marker pens (colours to suit your project).  I use Graph'it Marker colours 8220, 7150 & 7140.

I cut a square of water-colour paper (mine was not expensive in fact it was in a pad I purchased from The Works!) to fit the card blank.


Close up of the 'splat' effect
Then I scribbled colour from the markers onto my acrylic block, next to each other and I sprayed over it with the Mix'it Fluid...remember to work fast to prevent the fluid from evaporating and the markers drying on your block (they are permenant remember!); I picked the colour up with a long thin acrylic block (it's 3'' x 1'') and stamped it across the middle of my paper....then picked up another pass of colour and repeated to fill the line, as you can see below. 


 
I added a music score stamp across the dry ink, a sentiment and a stamped clock that was cut out and quickly pained with a paint brush (again using the mix'it diluted marker ink), a couple of corners from scrap card, matted onto black and there you go!

Happy crafting :)

Sandie x


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little blog, I am massively thankful for every comment received and would love you to be one of my followers (if you aren't already).
Crafty Hugs

Sandie xxx