Saturday 14 June 2014

Had to show Tatty again...

Hello all,

The new Tatty Twinkles CDrom has some fabulous digi images I had to add another!

This one is of Tatty Twinkles, flower girl from the My craft studio Tatty Twinkles CD and I think you will agree that Nikki Hall from Polka Doodles has out done herself designing this one (although the new Rose Budd CDrom  is on my wish list!)

For the main image, I have used my Graph'it markers to colour her.  Seriously and I know I ramble on about them but they are simply the best and can be found on the Polka Doodles website.  I have had my old promarkers for a long time and used them on and off but was never happy with the look, however Graph'it markers have such vibrant colours, are so easy to blend and smooth to use that I am now colouring more and more in my craft work.  Take a look at the range on Polka Doodles website or as I did on Create and craft

Back to my new card:
I printed the image from the CD, no special print settings and I cut the image to size (I had already selected a 7''x7'' card base so knew my approx measurements).  I must admit that I do not use precise measurements when matting and layering, I have a rather large full 12x12 bed plate rotary cutter that makes precise cutting a dream so I tend to just line up my layers by eye and cut (much quicker!).
The colours I have used are:
Hair - 1210 1230 & 4170
Skin - 4120 4110 3110 & 4145
Dress and bow - 9100 9102 7125 & 7115
Flowers - 4135 4145 8250 1210 & 1250

Isn't she fabulous!
I matted her onto craft card and used two patterned papers from my stash, also matted onto craft card.  The margins are kept tight as I prefer the effect but you could leave a larger margin round each layer as you prefer :)

I die cut some swirly elements from white card, I always die cut from white card as it allows a better colour match to my images (no more spending half hour thrashing through my stash to never find the colour I'm looking for!), I now just colour them with an accent colour from the image with my Graph'it marker and I think the look is great :)

I added a bow, secured with the super sticky red tape (you know the one) as I don't trust any other for ribbon and tied a double knot.

I must say, I am very pleased with this one and I hope it gives you some more inspiration to craft with Tatty :)


 
HAPPY CRAFTING :)
Sandie xx

1 comment :

  1. Just love everything about your card ,Thanks for joining the Blonde challenge
    at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/
    Susan (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little blog, I am massively thankful for every comment received and would love you to be one of my followers (if you aren't already).
Crafty Hugs

Sandie xxx